Wednesday, Sept. 25

Events this weekend

Events Calendar

Asian Fair

9:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Thursday Asian Culture Center

Attendees will learn about Asian student organizations, support services available on campus and other academic resources at the outdoor fair. Snacks and beverages will be provided.

“1776” performance

7 p.m. Thursday and Friday, 2 p.m. Saturday

Buskirk-Chumley Theater

Cardinal Stage Company will deliver its first performance of Tony award-winning production “1776.” Ticket prices vary.

Giving Back to Africa gala

6:30 p.m. Friday

The Fields Clubhouse

The gala supports local Bloomington nonprofit Giving Back to Africa. Single tickets are $60 and $30 for students. A table of eight costs $450.

September exhibits open at John Waldron

9 a.m-7 p.m. Friday

Ivy Tech John Waldron Arts Center

Three new exhibits will open at the John Waldron Arts Center. The exhibits include Lotus World Music Festival decorations, print-making and an exhibit of photography.

Mathers Museum panel discussion

10 a.m. Friday

Mathers Museum of World Cultures

This free panel discussion will feature professors from different universities and will discuss digital humanities, the state of museum curation and career preparation.

Mathers exhibit reception

4:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m. Friday Mathers Museum of World Cultures

IU Art History and African Studies doctoral candidate Brittany Sheldon will present a talk on the state of art in Ghana, where she conducted research about wall paintings. The reception is free and open to all.

Venue artist reception

6 p.m. Friday

Venue, Fine Art & Gifts

The Venue, Fine Art & Gifts will have a reception for its new exhibition of paintings by Sara Steffy McQueen, who studied print-making at the IU School of Fine Arts.

MIX at the IU Art Museum

6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. Friday IU Art Museum

The IU Art Museum is celebrating the beginning of the fall semester with music, art, a scavenger hunt and food. The event is free and open to all.

Bryan Park outdoor movie

Dusk Friday

Bryan Park

Beginning at Dusk, “Up” will be showing outside at Bryan Park. The event is free and open to all.

Union Board showing of “The Fault in Our Stars”

8 p.m. and 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday Whittenberger Auditorium

Union Board is showing “The Fault in Our Stars,” based on the book by John Green. The showing is free for all students with a student ID and $2 for non-students.

A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words

2 p.m. Saturday

IU Art Museum

IU Art Museum docent Helena Walsh will present a thematic tour featuring a specific gallery in the museum. The tour is free and open to all.