Wednesday, Sept. 25

Americana band performs bluebird tonight

The band, Shovels and Rope will be at the Bluebird on Tuesday night at 9:00pm.

Americana band Shovels & Rope is performing at the Bluebird Nightclub at 9 p.m. tonight.

Doors open at 8 p.m. and tickets range from $17-$20 and are available at the door of the event and online at thebluebird.ws .

The show is only for students and community members 21 and over.

Shovels & Rope will perform their newest album, “Swimmin’ Time,” which was released earlier this year.

After its release, the album quickly climbed to No. 20 on the Billboard Top 200 list.

Their first album, “O’ Be Joyful,” helped them secure a performing spot on The Late Show with David Letterman and at the Austin City Limits music festival.

They won Song of the Year for “Birmingham” and Emerging ?Artist of the Year at the 2013 ?Americana Music Awards.

The group didn’t perform in this year’s festival held in Nashville, Tenn., last ?September.

The band also performed on Conan on Sept. 3.

Shovels & Rope is comprised of married couple Cary Ann Hearst from Nashville, Tenn., and Michael Trent from Colorado.

Hearst and Trent were both working as solo artists before meeting in South ?Carolina.

After meeting, they realized their sounds melded well together and they became a duo, according to their website.

Their album “Swimmin’ Time” was recorded in the couple’s home in a studio that Trent constructed ?himself.

Shovels & Rope is also featured in a documentary that has been shown at different film festivals around the country.

“The Ballad of Shovels & Rope” gives audiences an insider look into the duo and their relationship both personal and professional, according to their website.