Wednesday, Sept. 25

University Players to perform first show of season

Mia Fitzgibbon, an actress in upcoming show "Bachelorette" drinks straight from the bottle. The University Players performance will focus on three women who discover more about their friendship the eve of a wedding.

The University Players will perform its first production of the semester this weekend.

The group is putting on “Bachelorette” 7:30 and 10 p.m. Friday and 7:30 p.m. Saturday.

All performances will be in the studio theater of the Lee Norvelle Theatre and Drama Center.

The performances are free and open to the public.

“Bachelorette” is directed by IU senior Katherine Taylor. It stars students Alexandria Criss, Mia ?Fitzgibbon, Jackson Goldberg, Meghan Goodman, Melanie McNulty and Jared Smith.

A dark comedy, “Bachelorette” tells the story of a group of friends who are hanging out together the night before a wedding, according to a release from the University Players.

Three girls named Regan, Gena and Katie meet up in a luxurious bridal suite 10 years after graduating high school. They celebrate the bachelorette party with their old friend, Becky, who is getting married the next day.

The night begins harmlessly enough, with drinking and harmless tricks, but becomes a night the girls will never forget as they uncover secrets about one another, according to the University Players.

The University Players is a campus group comprised of undergraduate students working as performers, directors, stage managers and designers to put on plays throughout the semester. The group is open to students of all majors and backgrounds, according to their website.