Thursday, Oct. 3

Crean says Davis anxious to return, spirits are good

IU Coach Tom Crean said sophomore forward Devin Davis’ spirits are good and he is anxious to return to his team as he recovers in an Indianapolis hospital. Davis suffered a severe head injury after being struck by a car Nov. 1.

Crean said he spent Sunday and parts of Tuesday afternoon with Davis. He was able to watch as Davis went through rehabilitation and some of his therapy sessions and said he was pleased with Davis’ progress and treatment.

“He’s working extremely hard,” Crean said. “I don’t have any other update on him other than that he’s making progress and working very hard and doing everything that’s asked of him, and he’s having a lot be asked of him because he’s been through a lot.”

Crean said just as his team is making progress on the court, Davis is continuing to heal off the court.

He also complimented the treatment provided by Bloomington Hospital and spoke highly of the treatment Davis is receiving in Indianapolis.

“The  most important thing that I keep telling him that he can do is be his very best there every day with what they’re asking him to do and keep making progress, just like our team is making progress on the court, just like he was making progress on the court when he was here. He’s got to make progress there in a whole other way. That’s where we’re at.”

Sam Beishuizen