Tuesday, Sept. 24

?‘Make Me Bad’ show run extended by additional day

After selling out its third consecutive show, Bloomington Playwrights Project extended the “Make Me Bad” run by one more performance, which will be Feb. 11.

This is their third show of the season, according to a BPP press release. So far this season, the theater has sold out every show, including an extended run of “Kalamazoo” and “She Kills Monsters.”

Tickets are available at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater Box Office or online at ?newplays.org. Tickets are $20 for general admission, $17 for seniors and $10 for students.

“Make Me Bad,” a musical thriller by Drew Gasparini and Alex Brightman, is produced in partnership with the IU Department of Theatre, Drama and Contemporary Dance.

The show features students from the IU bachelor of fine arts musical theater program and is under the musical direction of Benjamin Smith, a Jacobs School of Music doctoral student. “Make Me Bad” is the fifth collaboration ?between BPP and IU Theatre.

This musical thriller tells the story of Daisy Harris, a young woman living in a small town and stuck in a dead-end job with an overbearing mother and a troubled past, according to the release.

She then meets charming and cryptic Max just as a run of unexplained murders occur in town. The relationship formed between the two reveals the atrocities of Daisy’s past but foreshadows the darkness that is to come, according to the release.

“When we started writing ‘Make Me Bad,’ it was clear from the start that we were writing something different and risky,” Brightman said in the release. “There’s dark ... and then there’s DARK. Drew and I both share an affinity for musicals and plays and movies that push and challenge the form. I have been a lifelong fan of horror movies and thrillers. It’s very rare that you find yourself being terrified in a theater. I wanted to write something that was not only a fun story to follow and unravel but something that would keep you on the edge of your seat and sometimes knock you off of it.”