Tuesday, Sept. 24

Clips Beer and Film Tour comes to Bryan Park this Friday

New Belgium Brewing’s annual 2015 Clips Beer and Film Tour will make its second stop in Bloomington this Friday.

The event is free and anyone can attend. It will begin at 7:30 p.m. in Bryan Park, and the short films will start screening at 9 p.m.

All of the proceeds from the event will benefit Open Streets Bloomington. According to its website, Open Streets Bloomington is a community organization created to encourage livable public spaces and generate cultural understanding and improved community relationships in Bloomington.

Since its inception in 2010, the Clips Beer and Film Tour has raised more than $520,000 for nonprofits nationwide, according to the event’s press release.

The event will feature a variety of beer samples from New Belgium, 20 short films made by New Belgium fans and activities throughout the day. Food may be purchased from Bea’s Soda Bar and the Tamale Cart.

“Clips is all about providing a great evening for the local community to enjoy together, while also giving back to it,” Christie Cantania, Clips national special events manager, said. “The setup is changing this year, and we are really excited to share the creativity of our brewers and film makers, as well as our new ambiance.”

Approximately 20 short films were selected for the tour. This year’s films will cover multiple topics and themes such as a panda with an attitude about craft beer, a mountain bike brawl and a human-powered surf rig.

According to its official website, New Belgium Brewing Company, makers of Fat Tire Amber Ale and other Belgium-inspired beers, is recognized as one of The Wall Street Journal’s Best Small Businesses and is a 100-percent employee-owned brewery.

In addition to Fat Tire, New Belgium brews 10 year-round beers. The Clips Beer and Film Tour offers a venue where guests can try specialty beers, like Cocoa Mole, a spiced chocolate porter, a pear ginger beer and 14 other varieties of beer. A 3-ounce sample costs $1.50, and a 12-ounce beer costs $6.

Alexis Daily