Tuesday, Sept. 24

American jam band to perform at the Bluebird this week

Particle is an American jam band that first formed in Los Angeles in 2000. They will be performing at the Bluebird on Wednesday.

American jam band Particle will be performing at 10 p.m. Wednesday at the Bluebird Nightclub.

The group will appear at the club as a part of their nationwide tour entitled “An Evening with Particle,” which will continue until October.

According to Particle’s official website, the group was formed in 2000 in Los Angeles. They were seen as one of the key pioneers of the emerging “livetronica” music scene.

The group is known for being one of the first musical acts to create a signature sound combining elements of musical genres such as electronica, funk and rock, with an emphasis on improvisation and sonic exploration.

The group is comprised of four members, led by keyboardist and songwriter Steve Molitz, who is one of the founders of the group. He can program and play vintage keyboards and analog synthesizers and also sings lead.

The other members are guitarist Ben Combe, bassist Clay Parnell and drummer Allen Aucoin.

The group has released two full-length studio albums since 2004.

Particle went on a hiatus in 2006 due to conflicting family and work situations but returned to performing in 2014 when Molitz felt the desire to relaunch Particle as a full-time band.

According to the group’s website, the four band members are always striving to think outside the box and create a unique concert experience for ?everyone.

The Bluebird has brought live music concerts from musical acts all over the country to Bloomington for more than 40 years.

Doors for the performance will open at 9 p.m., and the show will officially start at 10 p.m. Tickets are $5, and the concert is only for individuals 21 and over.