Tuesday, Sept. 24

Southern rock group to perform at the Bluebird tonight

American southern rock and alternative country act Cody Canada and the Departed will be performing at the Bluebird Thursday night.

American red dirt and Southern rock band Cody Canada and the Departed will perform 9 p.m. Thursday at the Bluebird ? Nightclub.

The group will be making an appearance at the club as a part of their nationwide tour titled “Cody Canada and the Departed Live,” which will continue through September. According to Canada, the group is always excited when going on gigs and takes them very seriously.

“Now it’s a new band playing new songs, so we’ve got to learn everything, get our game together and practice,” Cody Canada said in a press release. “It’s a whole lot of fun. I can’t sleep at night. It keeps me awake, not from worry but from excitement. We’re just ready to tear it up.”

The group has been performing since 2011 and has released three studio albums since their inception. The band consists of Canada, who is the lead singer and plays guitar, Seth James, who also plays the guitar, Steve Littleton, who plays the keyboards and Chris Doege, who plays the drums.

According to the group’s official website, Canada, who is the group’s lead singer-songwriter, was formerly a part of the group Cross Canadian Ragweed, an Oklahoma-based rock-country group, in 1998.

For their performance, the Departed will be promoting their most recent album, “HippieLovePunk,” which was released in January. They will also be performing material from their two other studio albums, “This Is Indian Land” and “Adventûs.”

The group has received positive reviews for their musical material and performances from entertainment outlets and critics such as Rolling Stone Country, Ray Wylie Hubbard and KKOW radio.

According to its main website, the Bluebird Nightclub has brought live music concerts from musical acts all over the country to Bloomington for more than 40 years.

Doors for the performance will open at 8 p.m., and the show will officially start at 10 p.m. Tickets are $10, and the concert is only for individuals 21 and older.