Tuesday, Oct. 1

Holt transferring to Indian Hills

Former IU forward Emmitt Holt will attend Indian Hills Community College in Ottumwa, Iowa, IU Athletics confirmed.

“I want to thank Coach Crean, the entire staff, my teammates and most of all the great fans of Indiana basketball for my time in Bloomington,” Holt said in a public apology Sunday.

Holt, a sophomore, was dismissed from the IU men’s basketball program Aug. 31 following his citation for illegal possession of alcohol in August.

Holt, 19, and IU freshman forward Thomas Bryant, 18, were cited by uniformed Indiana State Excise Police officers for being in possession of a bottle of vodka the weekend before fall classes started.

IU freshman forward Juwan Morgan and former Hoosier big man Hanner Mosquera-Perea were in a parked vehicle at Convenient Food Mart at 1401 N. Dunn St. when the citations were issued.

Alex Kline of the Recruit Scoop tweeted Holt will 
attend Indian Hills Community College for one year. Holt will be able to commit to another Division I university and enroll for the 2016-17 season.

“While my dismissal from the Indiana basketball team was a consequence of my own choices, I’m primarily guilty of doing what most young college students do on any given weekend, which is participate in campus life, which often includes engaging in the use of alcohol,” Holt said. “I promise to learn from my mistakes, and I look forward to pursuing my studies and my basketball career at Indian Hills.”

Last season, Indian Hills Community College made its 11th appearance in the National Junior College Athletic Association Tournament.

Holt appeared in 29 games for the Hoosiers last season.