Tuesday, Sept. 24

Three artists featured at Art Guild

From IDS reports

The Brown County Art Guild, located in Nashville, Indiana, will display three artists’ work during October, according to a press release.

Jerry Smith and Robert Eberle are the month’s featured artists, and a retrospective exhibit of Louise Hansen, a Member Artist who passed away in 2014, will also be available for viewing.

Smith finds inspiration for his paintings while traveling on back roads, according to the release. His paintings depict the Indiana landscape and the coast of Maine.

The long-time Indiana resident also paints still-life and cityscapes, and he has been a member of the Brown County Art Guild since 1989.

Eberle’s works have won Best of Show in the Hoosier Salon exhibition. Eberle spends winter painting in Arizona and California, according to the release. He has been a member of the Brown County Art Guild since 2002.

Hansen moved to Indiana when her husband joined the physics faculty at Indiana State University in 1968, according to the release.

She studied at Brigham Young University, the University of Utah and the Instituto Allende in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. She was elected to signature membership in the American Watercolor Society in 1967 and was a member of the Watercolor Society of Indiana, the Indiana Artists Club and the Brown County Art Guild.

A reception for the artists will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Oct. 10 at the Brown County Art Guild, located at 48 S. Van Buren St. in Nashville.