Tuesday, Sept. 24

Brown County Arts Guild announces 2016 Patron and Senior Shows

From IDS reports

The Brown County Art Guild will play host to its 2016 Patron and Senior Shows Jan. 4 through 30.

The guild will accept entries in the Senior Show from artists 55 years old and older and from artists 18 years old and older in the Patron Show, according to a press release.

Artists older than 55 may submit art in both categories, according to the release.

Applications for each show require entry fees — $65 for Senior, $70 for Patron — both of which include a patron membership to the Guild, according to the release.

Each artist may submit one professionally framed, two-dimensional work not previously shown at the Guild. It may be in any media except fine art photography, according to 
the release.

Work must be dropped off between Jan. 1 and Jan. 3. The guild is located at 48 S. Van Buren St. in 
Nashville, Indiana.

Artwork must be available for sale at fair market value, and a 40-percent contribution will go to the guild for any work sold during the show, according to the release.

Painter and architectural illustrator Mark Burkett, who is a member of the guild, will judge both shows, according to the 
release.

Monetary awards will be given in each category, including Best of Show, a prize of $150; first place, a prize of $125; and second place, a prize of $100.

Awards will be presented during a 2 p.m. reception Jan. 30 at the guild, 
according to the release.