Tuesday, Oct. 1

IU gains commitment from highly touted athlete

From IDS reports

IU gained a large-scale commitment Sunday when Jonah Morris announced his intention to play football for the Hoosiers.

Morris, a 4-star athlete from Akron, Ohio, became the 12th high school commitment in the 2016 class. He is now the highest-rated player in IU’s class, according to 247Sports.

Morris chose IU over Notre Dame and several Big Ten schools where he received other offers.

“I will be joining the #1 passing offense in the Big Ten,” Morris tweeted. “I am officially committed to Indiana University.”

Morris is 6-foot-4, 196 pounds and was named to MaxPreps 2015 All-American team as a linebacker. He also played receiver and was recruited primarily by offensive coordinator Kevin Johns and running backs coach Deland McCullough.

“I have a great bond with Coach McCullough, Coach (Kevin) Wilson and Coach Johns, and this rest of the Indiana staff,” he said. “I am confident and know they will get to me where I need/want to be, and that they will never give up on me after a simple mistake or something.”

This news comes on the day IU lost a commit, as well. 247Sports reported Georgia defensive end D.J. Wonnum decommitted from IU and switched his commitment to South Carolina. He had pledged to IU on Wednesday.