Tuesday, Oct. 1

Former Park Tudor Coach Kyle Cox arrested for inappropriate relationship with a female student

Former Park Tudor School basketball head coach Kyle Cox was arrested at 2 p.m. Thursday on charges of solicitation and production of child pornography, FBI Special Agent Wendy Osborne confirmed. Osborne said Cox was arrested at his home in Fishers, Indiana, without incident.

Cox discussed his charges with a court in a federal court Thursday, and will have a pretrial hearing Monday.

Cox was hired by Park Tudor as an assistant coach and as the assistant athletic director in 2009. At that time, current IU senior guard Yogi Ferrell was attending Park Tudor. Ferrell played for Park Tudor from 2008-2012. Cox was in his third season as the head coach of Park Tudor.

Cox resigned for an unknown reason Dec. 15, 2015, after leading Park Tudor to a 55-6 record and back-to-back Class 2A State Championships in his first two seasons as the head coach.

Cathy Chapelle, the director of strategic communications for Park Tudor, said it is not appropriate for the school to comment on the specifics on an ongoing criminal matter.

She said the school reported the allegations against Cox to Child Protective Services within 24 hours and are fully cooperating with the police investigation.

The family also released a statement Thursday night thanking local and federal law enforcement officials for their work.

They also said they want to make sure this never happens again.

"Cox's depravity is shocking," the family said in the statement. "We are just thankful that we discovered his actions when he did. As our family moves forward, we will work with the school to make sure that this never happens again at Park Tudor."