Monday, Sept. 23

Fashion show uses discarded materials

Ivy Richardson walks the stage of the Trashion Refashion Show wearing costume designed by Kelly Richardson on April 26, 2015.

Discardia is presenting its seventh annual Trashion Refashion Show on April 10 at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater, according to the Buskirk-Chumley website.

The event is a runway show with designs created completely from refashioned or unwanted materials, including trash.

Trashion Refashion is a fundraising event for the Center for Sustainable Living and Discardia.

It features clothes made from materials such as paper and plastic bags, old clothes, bike tires, tablecloths, wedding gowns and pet-food containers, according to the Buskirk-Chumley website.

This year’s show will be wild, fun and interactive, according to the Buskirk-Chumley website.

Design submissions are open to all skill levels.

Also, the runway models are allowed to participate regardless of experience or body type.

Trashion Refashion received submissions from children, IU students, high school students, adults and regional professionals, according to the Buskirk-Chumley website.

The entries “become more challenging and inspiring each year” because of the many demographics, according to the Trashion Refashion website.

The event is a two-part show open to all ages.

The show includes “on-point practical looks, out‐there formal wear, over-the-top costumes and a stunning stage setting,” according 
to the Buskirk-Chumley 
website.

The large scale-stage sets for Trashion Refashion Show are created by local artist 
Gail Hale.

TedxBloomington used the 2014 show’s stage set for an event, and it was named as one of the most beautiful Tedx stages in the world by Tedx Innovations.

There will be an after party at 9 p.m. at Nick’s 
English Hut.

Models and designers will be available for a meet-and-greet after the fashion show.