Monday, Sept. 30

IU women's basketball announces addition

Coach Teri Moren talks to host Catt Sadler during Hoosier Hysteria on Saturday evening at Assembly Hall.

IU announced Tuesday Amber Deane will join the program next season as a graduate transfer.

Deane is transferring from Dayton and will be eligible to play immediately. This upcoming season will be her final season of eligibility. Deane is a 5-foot-10 guard who has played in 104 games throughout her career for Dayton. Her career averages are 11.5 points, 4.4 rebounds, 2.7 assists and 1.0 steals per game.

“We are excited to add Amber to our roster,” IU Coach Terri Moren said in a press release. “Amber has great experience, having made deep postseason runs. She is an outstanding player who has played against really good competition for the past four years. She is able to score at all three levels — outside, midrange and getting to the rim. Along with her offensive skill set, she is a willing defender. What we like best about Amber is her ability to get out and run in transition. She is going to fit in really well with our returning players as we continue to develop this program.”

Deane missed most of last season with an injury. Prior to the injury, she was Dayton’s leading scorer with 15.3 points per game.

She was granted a medical redshirt for the 2015-2016 season as she only played in nine games.

She was named Atlantic 10 Sixth Woman of the Year after the 2014-2015 season when she averaged 10.5 points per game and appeared in all 35 games that season.

As a freshman, Deane was named Atlantic 10 Freshman of the Year as she started all 31 games for Dayton and had the highest field goal percentage (55.6 percent) in the 
conference.

Deane will join the team in June and will begin working on her master’s degree.