Monday, Sept. 23

Arts Fair on the Square returns this Saturday

Arts Fair on the Square returns to downtown Bloomington this Saturday.

Presented by the Bloomington Playwrights Project, the 36th Annual Arts Fair on the Square will surround the Monroe County Courthouse from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

The event showcases the work of 110 artists and supports local organizations, which will have booths set up during the fair. Local performance groups provide a wide variety of entertainment throughout the day, according to a press release.

Arts Fair on the Square also features two centers, which will be open for ongoing and drop-in activities. Art Center North includes Cookies and Canvas mini painting workshops, gourmet cookie-themed popsicles from Rasta Pops, face painting and more.

Art Center South includes an activity for Lotus Education & Arts Foundation’s One Million Stars to End Violence, as well as a free art activity by Ivy Tech and the BPP Youth 
Education.

The Bloomington Community Band, Windfall Dancers, Jordan River Crossing barbershop quartet and Dark Side Tribal Belly Dancers will perform Saturday.

Arts Fair on the Square displays artwork of all kinds — ceramics, wood, jewelry, sculpture, photography and glass, among others.

According to a press release, “The mission of Arts Fair on the Square is to showcase fine art and craft of the highest quality, connect artists with the art-buying community and promote commitment to the arts through a variety of interactive arts 
experiences.”