Monday, Sept. 30

Paul Koncir promoted to Associate Head Coach

spVolleyballvsMinnesota

IU assistant coach Paul Koncir has been promoted to associate head coach, IU Coach Sherry Dunbar-Kruzan announced Monday.

“I value loyalty, hard work and a total buy-in when it comes to working together,” Dunbar-Kruzan said in a press release. “Coach K has done those three as well or better than any assistant I’ve had. Heading into our seventh season of working together, I felt he was very deserving of this promotion to associate head coach.”

In Koncir’s first season as a Hoosier coach in 2010, IU advanced to the Sweet Sixteen for the first time in program history. The Hoosiers finished the season 23-12 that season.

“I have always been so thankful and honored for the opportunity Coach Dunbar gave me to be a part of the Indiana volleyball program and the Big Ten Conference,” Koncir said in a release. “I am humbled that she would consider me for this position. We have worked tirelessly over the years with the players to grow a level of commitment and focus to win in the best volleyball conference the country.”

While a coach at IU, Koncir has worked with the setters. Senior setter Megan Tellman comes into her senior season after being coached by Koncir for her first three seasons as a Hoosier.

Tellman has 2,908 career assists, which ranks seventh all-time.

“I could not be more excited for this upcoming fall and this group of players,” Koncir said. “Their attitudes are great, we are coming off of our best spring season of training and are as motivated and excited as ever to win for Indiana.”