Monday, Sept. 23

Holiday Market now accepting vendor applications

Applications are now being accepted from local and regional artists for vending space at Bloomington’s annual Holiday Market, the City of Bloomington Parks and Recreation Department announced July 8.

The Market takes places Saturday, Nov. 26 at Showers Common, next to City Hall. There is booth space both inside City Hall and outside on Showers Common, where artists can sell their work from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Arts and crafts offered for sale at the Holiday Market must be original and made by the applicant, according to a press release.

Applications are divided into 10 categories: clay, drawing/painting/photography, fiber arts, metalwork/woodwork, glass, jewelry, natural materials, personal care, recycled arts and surface decoration.

The selection process is based on the style and quality of work, as well as the price of the work and variety of artists.

“Work must be safe, have a decent life expectancy and exhibit quality of craftsmanship,” said Greg Jacobs, community events coordinator with the Bloomington Parts and Recreation Department, in the release.

To receive consideration, artists must apply by 5 p.m. Sept. 9.

Artists can apply online at bloomington.in.gov/holidaymarket. There is a $15 jury fee for each application, according to the release.

Last year’s Holiday Market attracted more than 6,000 visitors to downtown. In addition to artwork, the event featured live reindeer, musical performances and world-famous TubaSantas.

Grace Palmieri