Monday, Sept. 30

IU lands commitment from Caleb Jones

IU landed its second offensive linemen commitment in the Class of 2017, as Lawrence North High’s Caleb Jones tweeted his commitment Tuesday afternoon.

“I would like to thank all the coaches and schools who have shown interest in (me),” Jones tweeted. “It has been an exciting and humbling experience! With that beig said and after talking it over with my family, I’ve decided to commit (to) Indiana University.”

Jones had received offers from Bowling Green, Miami (Ohio), Purdue and IU, as well as attended an Ohio State camp.

Jones brings size to an IU offensive line that has already seen increase in weight from last season. The new commit will be the tallest of the current offensive line group at 6-foot-9 and one of the heaviest at 320 pounds.

The tackle represents the fifth Indiana-native to commit to the Hoosiers after the Hoosiers reeled in just two in the Class of 2016. IU now has 13 total commitments for the Class of 2017, and just three of them are offensive.

No current Hoosiers are graduates of Lawrence North, but senior offensive lineman Wes Rogers and sophomore running back Alex Rodrgiuez graduated from Lawrence Central.

Jones and 3-star defensive tackle LeShaun Minor are the only two recruits from Indianapolis committed to the Hoosiers.

Taylor Lehman