Sunday, Sept. 29

IU gains former Tennessee football commit

Tom Allen talks in front of the media Wednesday night following Kevin Wilson's resignation from the football program. Allen who was hired as the defensive coordinator for this season will take over as head coach immediately and Glass said he will earn a six-year contract with details to be finalized later.

Members of IU's 2017 recruiting class were calling for the gift of Mo Burnam's commitment in the days and hours leading up to the announcement of the linebacker from Georgia's decision. When the time came, they got their wish.

Burnam, a 247Sports Composite three-star linebacker, originally committed to Tennessee in March. But just three days after taking an official visit to Bloomington on Dec. 9 he decommitted from Tennessee. 

"I would like to thank the whole Tennessee staff and the Volunteer fans and all of the people that supported my decision to commit in March, but at this moment I believe it's best for me and my family to open up my options and de-commit from the University of Tennessee," Burnam tweeted on Dec. 12. 

Thirteen days later the 6-foot-2, 219-pound linebacker became the third linebacker and 18th total recruit in IU Coach Tom Allen's 2017 recruiting class. Burnam is also the 40th ranked inside linebacker in his class according to 247Sports. 

"I really felt at home when I got to know the players and the coaches," Burnam said in his announcement on Twitter. "The environment is beautiful, the students are one of a kind, and I just love everything about the Hoosier family."

Jordan Guskey