Saturday, Sept. 7

arts performances

Canadian dream pop group Living Hour to play in Bloomington

The Bishop

Winnipeg, Canada-based dreampop band Living Hour will perform 8 p.m. March 3 at the Bishop bar.  

Living Hour formed in 2015 and has rose from basement shows to planning an upcoming U.S. tour, which starts in March.

On Feb. 8, the band released a new single, “Hallboy.” Its 2016 self-titled album is its most prominent release, with the song “Seagull” reaching over 114,000 plays as of Feb. 27. 

Living Hour is expected to release their new album, “Softer Faces,” on March 1. The nine-song track list has already been released online and includes the single “Hallboy.”

The band is composed of five musicians, some playing more unconventional instruments for a dream pop group, such as trombone and organelle.

“Three voices, guitar, trombone, brushed percussion and boundless effects sees Living Hour pulling from many genres to create their own sonically diverse and unique vibe,” is how Living Hour’s website describes the group.

Living Hour will play with two Bloomington-based bands Sunday, Heaven Honey and Plateau Below. 

Heaven Honey, an alternative pop and folk rock band, has been a regular performer in the Bloomington music scene, performing at Culture Shock 2018 and various local house shows

Plateau Below, a primordial shriek-folk band, according to its Bandcamp page, has released two albums, “Still Paradise” in 2014 and “Sun Don’t Shine So Bright” in 2017. The band’s songwriter, Logan Carithers, was raised in Boonville, Indiana.

“Carithers’ lyrics showcase his conflicted, Joycean relationship with the bible-belt values pervasive throughout the rural Midwest,” the band’s Bandcamp page says.

The show is ages 18 and up, and tickets are $7.