Saturday, Sept. 21

arts jacobs school of music performances

BluHill Percussion Duo to perform in Jacobs School of Music guest recital

naxos4.jpg

BluHill Percussion Duo will perform in an alumni guest recital put on by the Jacobs School of Music.

The performance will take place at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Musical Arts Center 070. The performance will be free and open to the public.

The BluHill Percussion Duo is Brian Blume and Colin Hill, two Jacobs alumni. Blume and Hill met at Jacobs in 2008, where they were both earning their master's degrees in percussion performance. They started performing as the BluHill Percussion Duo in 2011.

BluHill Percussion Duo has performed at several Percussive Arts Society events over the years, according to the Jacobs website. Blume and Hill each performindividually as well.

Blume has worked as a performer and educator since receiving both his bachelor's and master's degrees from Jacobs.

Hill earned his bachelor's at the University of North Texas and his master's at Jacobs, as well as a doctorate from the University of Kentucky. He is an assistant professor at Tennessee Tech University, where he teaches percussion.

On Wednesday, the duo will perform six pieces.

Their repertoire includes George Gershwin’s “Three Preludes,” Alejandro Viñao’s “A Spanish Groove,” Elliot Cole’s “Flowerpot Music No. 1,” Anna Ignatowicz-Gliñska’s “Passacaglia,” the premiere of Kevin Bobo’s “Drifting” and an original composition by Blume titled “Friction.”