Friday, Sept. 20

student life business & economy bloomington

Another downtown Bloomington hotel to offer student housing for fall semester

cahiltongarden060420.jpg

Bloomington’s Hilton Garden Inn is offering student housing for the 2020 fall semester along with at least three other local hotels.

There will be up to 20 single king suites dedicated to student housing, director of sales Blair Clark said in an email. Living in a hotel room will allow for easier social distancing, the hotel's housing flyer said. General manager Lindsay Poynter said she is trying to put as many students as possible on one floor, separated from other guests.

The starting rate for a room for one semester is $8,277, Clark said in the email. Poynter said the rooms will be available during IU’s new winter session from Nov. 30 to Feb. 7 at an extra cost yet to be determined. She said she is open to discussing housing for the spring semester pending discussions with students’ parents and IU’s decision about housing that semester.

The hotel is about half a mile from campus. Students can eat at the restaurants surrounding the hotel or at Coaches Bar and Grill, the hotel’s on-site restaurant, where resident students will receive a 15% discount.

Students can reach out to the city to get a parking permit for the Morton Street garage, Clark said in the email. More information is available on the Bloomington government website.

Poynter said students will receive housekeeping once a week. She said staff are not supposed to enter the students’ rooms more than once a week for both parties’ safety and health.

For more information, call the hotel at 812-331-1335 or email Clark or Poynter at blair.clark@whitelodging.com and lindsay.poynter@whitelodging.com.