Saturday, Aug. 3

arts community events

Harrodsburg Heritage Days Festival to kick off May 20

entharrodsburg051822.jpg

The 36th annual Harrodsburg Heritage Days Festival will begin at 4 p.m. on May 20 and continue through May 21 at the Harrodsburg Community Center. 

On Saturday, the Harrodsburg Heritage Days Parade will begin at 2 p.m. on West Popcorn Road and move through the center of Harrodsburg, Indiana. 

During the festival, attendees can enjoy food from the annual fish fry, served by Harrodsburg Association volunteers. All proceeds will go to the Harrodsburg Community Center. Guests can also enjoy items from local businesses’ food trucks and booths. 

On Friday evening, guests can visit free musical performances by Vivid ‘70s and Cody Ikerd and the Sidewinders. Saturday morning, the Bloomington Brass Band will perform on an outdoor stage. Guests can attend a free concert by the Lloyd Wood Band on Saturday evening. 

The festival will also feature an arts and crafts marketplace with pieces by local vendors, as well as carnival games and rides for children. Saturday afternoon, kids and adults can enter the Tractor Pull contest. There will be a silent auction on gift items throughout the weekend. 

The full festival schedule can be found on the Harrodsburg Heritage Days’ website.

The festival is organized by the volunteer Harrodsburg Heritage Days Association, which was formed in 1986 to “perpetuate, preserve, and record the history of the Harrodsburg area,” according to the website. 

More information about the festival can be found on its Facebook page.