Friday, Oct. 18

Indiana men’s basketball program announces 2023-24 non-conference schedule

spiubbbrief062723.jpg

The Indiana men's basketball program officially released its non-conference schedule for the upcoming 2023-24 season, according to an IU Athletics release Tuesday. Indiana will play 11 non-conference games; seven at home, the other four at neutral sites — and zero truly on the road. 

Indiana's bookmarked matchups are hosting preseason No. 1 University of Kansas on Dec. 16 and when head coach Mike Woodson, who played and coached with the New York Knicks, returns to Madison Square Garden at the Empire Classic on Nov. 19-20.  

The Empire Classic schedule is yet to be determined. The four-team tournament will consist of the 2023 National Champion and preseason No. 5 University of Connecticut, No. 24 University of Texas — which made last year's Elite Eight — and the University of Louisville. 

Prior to the Classic, the Hoosiers will begin the season with their three-game homestand. The season-opener will be on Nov. 7 against Florida Gulf Coast University. Then, Indiana welcomes Army West Point and Wright State University on Nov. 12 and 16, respectively.  

Following the Classic, Indiana will face Harvard University at Gainbridge Fieldhouse on Nov. 26, marking the 49th-straight season Indiana has played a game in Indianapolis, per release.  

Indiana's December schedule includes one neutral-site game against 2023 NCAA Tournament team Auburn University in Atlanta, Georgia, before four straight home games complete the non-conference schedule: Kansas on Dec. 16, Morehead State University Dec. 19, The University of North Alabama Dec. 21 and Kennesaw State University Dec. 29. 

Hoosier Hysteria is set for Oct. 20, followed by two home exhibitions across those next two weeks. Indiana’s non-conference schedule for the 2023-24 season can be found here.