Saturday, Sept. 7

campus student life

Kane Brown to kick off 'The Full Ride Tour' at Memorial Stadium in April 2024

cakanebrown111423.jpg

Kane Brown, a country music singer and songwriter, will kick off the first stop of The Full Ride Tour April 13, 2024, at Memorial Stadium in Bloomington.

Kane Brown debuted in June 2015 with his EP “Closer” followed by his single “Used to Love You Sober." Brown will be joined on stage by country artist Jon Pardi, alternative-pop artist Jessie Murph and country artist Clayton Anderson.

Tickets for the concert went on sale Nov. 10 on Ticketmaster. Tickets are still available for the ground, lower and upper levels as only three sections have been sold out completely. The non-resale tickets range from $59.50 to $199 plus fees. The show at IU will be the first stop of the tour, with other university dates to be announced.

Memorial Stadium has not hosted many concerts but has in the past when John Mellencamp performed there in 1986 and again in 1992 with Henry Lee Summer.

The Full Ride Tour series was created by On Location and Doussan Music Group. On Location is a hospitality company that does event planning, travel, hospitality and corporate ticket sales. Doussan Music Group is an entertainment promotion and production company.

Kane Brown said in an IU Auditorium news release he is excited for the tour and the opportunity to come to IU. Brown also shared the link for tickets to the IU show on his Instagram story when tickets went on sale Nov. 10.

“I’m so honored to be headlining the stadium at Indiana University,” Brown said in the release. “I love college sports, especially football, so to be playing in this venue is incredibly exciting.”

Assistant Vice President of Events and Conferences at IU, Doug Booher, said in an email this is the first event IU and On Location have hosted together.

“When the idea was brought to us, it presented the possibility of adding another signature event to IU’s spring activities and providing a high-quality concert experience for the entire region,” Booher said in the email.

Booher said there is not an estimated revenue for the event yet. In addition to the show, there will be VIP packages, which will include a commemorative Full Ride Tour VIP laminate that will give people early access to merchandise and early entrance into the stadium.

“This is an exciting opportunity to bring top talent to IU and our region, provide a kick-off to the week of Little 500, and start a new tradition at IU,” Booher said in the email.

In addition to music, the Full Ride Tour will work with a different charity partner at every stop of the tour. For the IU show, The Full Ride Tour will partner with Students Helping Students, which allows IU Bloomington and IUPUI students to help raise money for students who face the possibility of having to leave school due to unexpected financial hardship.

On Location president and IU alumni, Paul Caine, said in the news release On Location is thrilled to bring this concert series to schools across the country.

“In addition to the incredible artists that we will see at some of the most iconic venues, each event will be a special experience tailored to its locale as we incorporate and celebrate the local campus culture, atmosphere and personality,” Caine said in the release.