Friday, June 28

PRESS RELEASE: Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce Wins Three Innovation Excellence Awards at ICEA 2024

Bloomington Chamber of Commerce (!)

The following is a press release written by Kaytee Lorentzen for the Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce.

Bloomington, Ind. – June 24, 2024 – The Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce is thrilled to announce that it has been awarded three Innovation Excellence Awards at the Indiana Chamber Executive Association (ICEA) 2024 Annual Conference. This remarkable achievement underscores the Chamber’s dedication to innovative practices and excellence in serving its members and the community.
The Chamber received accolades for the following projects:
  • Connect Bloomington: An annual publication that combines the utility of a business directory with the appeal of a magazine, showcasing community projects, initiatives, and leaders. This initiative has significantly enhanced business visibility and community engagement.
  • New Member Onboarding & Retention Pipelines: A comprehensive communication strategy that integrates personalized interactions and multimedia elements to ensure new and returning members feel valued and engaged. This initiative has achieved a 79% retention rate and fostered a culture of continuous improvement.
  • Chamber Insider Updates: A video communication initiative that delivers bi-monthly updates from the President & CEO, offering a fresh, engaging way to share news and opportunities with Chamber members. This initiative has garnered significant engagement and strengthened member connections.
"This recognition is a testament to the innovative spirit and hard work of our staff, volunteers, and members," said Eric Spoonmore, President & CEO of the Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce. "These awards highlight our commitment to enhancing the value we provide to our members and our dedication to fostering a thriving business community in Bloomington."
The ICEA Innovation Excellence Awards celebrate creative and impactful new projects that have been implemented over the past year. Winning three awards in this category is a notable achievement that underscores the Chamber's focus on growth, effectiveness, and relevance.
About the Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce:
The Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce is a nonprofit membership organization serving as our community’s leading advocate for business. We offer unique leadership opportunities, meaningful volunteer activities, and exclusive business-building programs focused on critical economic, civic, and social priorities. Chamber members support each other and community initiatives, sharing information and resources to help create economic opportunity and community well-being. At the Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce, we believe that better business leads to a better community.