Monday, Sept. 9

city bloomington

45 Monroe County businesses receive violations in June 2024 food inspection report

news filler.jpg

The June 2024 food inspection report has been released by the Monroe County Health Department, with 45 locations receiving violations and 36 receiving critical violations.   

According to Monroe County’s website, critical violations are defined as incidents likely to directly contribute to a foodborne disease. 

The following list is the 36 restaurants that received critical violations.    

American Legion Post #18: 1800 W. Third St.  

One violation was due to refrigerated foods being held without date markings for over 24 hours.  

Amrit India: 124 N. Walnut St. 

One violation was due to the dishwashing machine not dispensing sanitizer properly. 

Amvets Post 2000: 5227 W. Airport Road  

One violation was due to refrigerating potentially hazardous food, which was held without date markings for over 24 hours.  

Bangkok Thai Cuisine: 2920 E. Covenanter Drive 

One violation was due to a spray bottle found without a label.  

Bob Evans Restaurant #160: 3233 Whitehall Pike  

Two violations were due to debris build up in soda nozzles and potentially hazardous foods in prep coolers reaching 53°F. According to the CDC, coolers should be kept at a temperature below 41°F. 

Bruster’s Ice Cream: 4531 E. Third St.  

One violation was due to cookie dough mix-ins being kept at 61°F. 

Cheddars Scratch Kitchen #2158: 126 S. Franklin Road 

One violation was due to build up of debris on pop nozzles.  

Chop Shop: 1915 S. Walnut St. 

Two violations were due to employees in the kitchen eating food on the cooking line and ready-to-eat deli meats stored in a bin with raw ground beef and raw chicken being stored above ready-to-eat meat and ground beef.  

Cloverleaf Family Restaurant: 4023 W. Third St. 

Four violations were due to kitchen staff having bare-hand contact with ready-to-eat food, ready-to-eat, refrigerated and potentially hazardous foods being held without date markings for more than 24 hours, live and dead pests found throughout the kitchen area and chemical sanitizer testing at zero PPM. According to the West Virginia University Sanitizing Fact Sheet, sanitizer should measure 200 PPM for food contact surfaces.   

Culver’s: 1918 W. Third St. 

Two violations were due to a towel and spoon found in the hand sink, and debris build up found in ice machine. 

El Ranchero III: 110 E. Winslow Road 

One violation was due to food in a walk-in cooler stored without labels for over 24 hours.  

Freddy’s Frozen Custard: 3307 W. Third St. 

One violation was due to debris build up found in the ice machine.  

Hampton Inn: 2100 N. Walnut St.  

Two violations were due to food being held without date markings longer than 24 hours and a spray bottle found filled with pink liquid without a label. 

Harrodsburg Food Mart: 9200 S. Old State Road 37 

Two violations were due to no operational hand sink and debris was found on the ice machine in the storage room.  

Home 2 Suites: 1410 N. Walnut St. 

One violation was due to refrigerated foods held without date markings for over 24 hours.  

Hometown IGA: 4681 W. Richland Plaza 

One violation was due to measured food in the walk-in cooler in the bakery stored at 53°F.  

Jiffy Treat: 4727 W. State Road 46 

Two violations were due to food debris and kitchen utensils found in hand sink and food held without date markings for more than 24 hours.  

K-Bop: 340 S. Walnut St., Suite 4 

One violation was due to raw meat stored above ready-to-eat foods and vegetables.  

Kilroy’s on Kirkwood: 502 E. Kirkwood Ave.  

One violation was due to insects near the downstairs and outside bar areas.  

Little Bowl: 430 E. Fourth St.  

Two violations were due to flies in the facility and an employee was observed completing multiple tasks without changing gloves and washing hands.  

Longhorn Steakhouse: 721 S. College Mall Road 

One violation was due to food debris in hand sink in the bar area.  

Mama’s Korea Restaurant: 2630 E. Tenth St.  

Three violations were due to raw meat stored around vegetables, foods held in refrigeration without date markings for over 24 hours and no chemical sanitizer is readily available and dishwashing machine is not dispensing chemical sanitizer.  

Menards: 1285 S. Liberty Drive  

One violation was due to multiple cans with dents in them.  

Mura Sushi: 1793 E. Tenth St.  

Two violations were due to raw meat being stored above vegetables and foods without date markings held for over 24 hours.  

Penn Station: 256 N. Jacobs Drive  

One violation was due to ready-to-eat food being held without date markings for more than 24 hours.  

Phat Daddy’s BBQ: 4747 W. State Road 46 

Two violations were due to food debris and utensils in both hand-washing sinks and food held without date markings for more than 24 hours.  

Pizza Hut #34874 (West): 125 S. Franklin Road  

One violation was due to potentially hazardous foods being held without date markings for more than 24 hours.  

Ransburg Scout Reservation: 7599 E. Waldrip Creek Road  

Three violations were due to two sanitizer buckets reading below 100 PPM, bare-hand contact with ready-to-eat lettuce and bottom of the food tray in direct contact with lasagna.  

Soma Coffeehouse and Juice Bar: 581 E. Hillside Drive  

Three violations were due to measured muffin batter at 47°F in walk-in cooler, debris found on the ice machine and prep/dump sink directly plumbed without air break.  

Speedway #5183 (Ellettsville): 3585 W. State Road 46 

One violation was due to cracks and chips in food contact surfaces.  

Sushi Bar: 2522 E. Tenth St.  

Two violations were due to raw meat stored over vegetables and refrigerated foods held without date markings over 24 hours.  

Taco Bell #28901: 309 N. Walnut St.  

Two violations were due to poisonous and toxic materials stored with cooking spray and build up of debris found on ice dispenser in lobby.  

The Office Lounge: 3900 E. Third St.  

One violation was due to baked potatoes measured at 110°F. According to the Idaho Potato Commission, baked potatoes should be kept at 185°F. 

Towne Place Suite Bloomington: 105 S. Franklin Road  

Truffles Restaurant: 1131 S. College Mall Road 

One violation was due to debris found on the ice machine.  

Village Inn: 3619 W. State Road 46 

Two violations were due to the cooler in front of the house being kept at 48°F and raw meat stored above ready-to-eat foods.