Sunday, Oct. 6

Indiana men’s basketball releases 2024-25 nonconference schedule

IUvsUNC122123-caps-18.jpg

Indiana men’s basketball has finalized its nonconference slate for the 2024-25 season, IU Athletics announced in a press release Tuesday. 

The Hoosiers’ first four games will be at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall, with the campaign officially starting Nov. 6 against Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville. On Nov. 10, Indiana hosts Eastern Illinois University. 

Indiana’s first power-conference test comes Nov. 16 against the University of South Carolina. Five days later, the Hoosiers will take on the University of North Carolina Greensboro. 

The Battle 4 Atlantis is the marquee event of Indiana’s nonconference schedule. The eight-team, three-day tournament takes place Nov. 27-29 in the Bahamas and includes schools such as Gonzaga University, the University of Arizona and the University of Oklahoma. Matchups will be released closer to the event. Games will be televised on ESPN. 

“We are looking forward to playing in one of the best in-season tournaments in our game in the Battle 4 Atlantis,” Indiana head coach Mike Woodson said in the release. “The matchups, no matter how they fall, will create a great test for our team.” 

Upon returning to Bloomington, the Hoosiers host Sam Houston State University on Dec. 3 and Miami University (Ohio) on Dec. 6. Indiana is expected to play two Big Ten games the week after, though the conference slate will be announced later. 

The Hoosiers resume nonconference play Dec. 21 versus the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and round out the 11-game schedule Dec. 28 contest against Winthrop University. 

“My staff and I put together a non-conference schedule that will lead to long-term success this season,” Woodson said in the release. “We have a new team this year that we are excited to showcase in front of the sold-out crowds in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. We will be tested by some veteran, well-coached ball clubs early in the season that will prepare us for a 20-game conference schedule.” 

Tip times and television coverage haven’t yet been announced, nor has Indiana’s Big Ten schedule. The Hoosiers are looking to build on a 19-14 season in which they missed the NCAA tournament for the first time in Woodson’s three-year tenure.