Sunday, Sept. 15

PRESS RELEASE: Bloomington Fire Department Receives $75,000 Grant for Mobile Integrated Healthcare Program

city of bloomington (!)

This press release was written by Desiree DeMolina for City of Bloomington.

Bloomington, Ind. – The City of Bloomington Fire Department has been awarded a $75,000 grant to support its Mobile Integrated Healthcare (MIH) program. The funding will allow for the addition of a new vehicle for two Community EMTs to expand patient care. It will also provide a Utility Terrain Vehicle (UTV) for navigating special events and challenging areas, enhance public engagement opportunities, and supply additional medical equipment for patient care.

“This grant allows us to better serve our neighbors, especially those who may not have easy access to healthcare. MIH Trainer, Trisha Rademachir, has worked diligently to help secure this grant to expand the program,” says Max Litwin, Deputy Chief of the Bloomington Fire Department. “We are grateful for the support, which enables us to bring compassionate, proactive care directly to the people who need it most.”

The Bloomington Fire Department's Mobile Integrated Healthcare (MIH) program is designed to fill gaps in the local healthcare system by providing non-emergency care directly to patients in their homes or communities. The program focuses on reducing unnecessary emergency room visits and hospital readmissions, particularly for patients with chronic conditions. The MIH team, which includes Community EMTs, works to manage patients' health proactively, improving overall quality of life and reducing the burden on emergency services.

For more information, call 812-332-9763 or visit bloomington.in.gov.