Monday, Sept. 23

PRESS RELEASE: Sample Indiana-Grown Apples at Farmers' Market Sept. 28

city of bloomington.png (correct size)

This press release was written by Julie Ramey for City of Bloomington.

Bloomington, Ind. – The Bloomington Community Farmers’ Market hosts a free tasting of more than a dozen varieties of locally grown and heirloom varieties of apples on Sept. 28 from 10 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. on the Fernandez Plaza at the Saturday Market, located at  401 N. Morton St. in Bloomington.

Apple varieties available for tasting, and for sale at the Farmers’ Market, include:

• Arkansas Black
  • Asian Pear
  • Crimson Crisp
  • Enterprise
  • Fugi
  • Golden Delicious
  • Granny Smith
  • Jonathan
  • Mutzu
  • Red Winesap
  • Rhode Island Greening
  • September Wonder
  • Winter Banana

A variety of popular and heirloom apples are available for sale at the Market each fall. Visitors are invited to find a new favorite variety:  A crisp, tart apple perfect for pies or a meaty, thin-skinned apple for enjoying with lunch.

The Bloomington Community Farmers’ Market is open every Saturday in September from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. and every Saturday in October from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. at Showers Common next to City Hall, 401 N. Morton St. in Bloomington.

The November Market is held at the Pavilion in Switchyard Park, 1601 S. Rogers St., from 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on November 2, 9, 16, and 23. The Market season ends with the Holiday Market at City Hall from 10 a.m. through 3 p.m. on Nov. 30.

For more information about Apple Tasting, email Clarence Boone or call 812-349-3738. To find out more about Holiday Market, email Crystal Ritter or call 812-349-3725. Visit the Bloomington Community Farmers' Market website for more information about Market vendors and special events.