Tuesday, Oct. 8

arts food

COLUMN: The best fall treats in Bloomington

entfalltreats100224_4.jpg

With the first week of October behind us, fall is in full swing in Bloomington. Celebrate the changing leaves and cooling temperatures with local fall-flavored items in Bloomington.  

Coffee: The next time you are looking for a caffeine fix this month, get in the fall spirit with one of these cafe’s seasonal drinks.  

Crumble: If you are not a fan of coffee but are still looking for fall drinks, make sure to visit one of Crumble’s three locations in Bloomington. This season, the coffee shop is serving spiced peach tea and apple chai cider alongside two espresso drinks, pumpkin pancake latte and cherry pie latte.  

Zero Degrees: A boba shop on S. College Mall Road is offering three fall drinks this season including a pumpkin spice latte, banana bread smoothie and iced chai with pumpkin cold foam. Zero Degrees is a perfect choice for anyone who is looking to diversify their usual cafe spots and try a new place to get caffeinated drinks.   

Soma: In between classes, drop by one of Soma’s three locations — two on the edge of campus — and try one of their fall specials. This season they are offering a pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin cream cold brew and apple cider. These drinks will beautifully complement their pumpkin chocolate chip cookie or pumpkin muffin.  

Breakfast: Start off the day with a taste of pumpkin at one of these two breakfast spots. 

Village Deli: The local breakfast spot in downtown Kirkwood serves seasonal pumpkin pancakes. The giant pancakes are a great choice for anyone craving a large serving of sweet pumpkin flavor.  

Bloomington Bagel: Spice up your usual bagel order with Bloomington Bagel Company’s limited time pumpkin cream cheese. The spread could elevate your usual bagel sandwich order or would be a great addition to a toasted plain bagel.   

Dessert: The next time you are craving a sweet dessert, stop by one of these three bakeries and indulge in their special fall desserts.  

Rainbow Bakery – The Rainbow Bakery is a dairy-free bakery that specializes in allergen-friendly treats. For autumn, the shop sells slices of pumpkin cake rolls with cream cheese filling, topped with caramel drizzle and pecans.  

Two Sticks: To participate in the fall season, Two Sticks bakery is adding new items to their rotation this month including slices of pumpkin coffeecake with maple glaze, apple cheddar scones and butter pecan Danish. Take a visit during their business hours at 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday through Friday and 7:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday.  

Parlor Doughnuts - If you are craving a sweet and buttery seasonal treat, check out Parlor’s new fall additions. In addition to the 25 classic flavors, this month they have a pumpkin chai cheesecake layered donut, salted caramel layered donut and an apple pie layered donut.  

Fall flavors are a fun but limited season in Bloomington, so enjoy the local fall treats before it’s too late!