Thursday, Oct. 24

COLUMN: Look out for these spooktacular events in Bloomington!

enthalloweenevents102324.jpg

Get ready for chills and thrills as the spooky season returns. If you and your friends have your group costumes ready for Halloweekend, get dressed up for some fantastic Halloween-themed events around town in the lead-up to the holiday. Bloomington has events for everyone. 

Spooky Beats and Theater Treats 

Kick off your Halloween weekend with an evening of fun and frights 5 p.m. Friday at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater. Wear your most creative costume and enjoy a live performance by the Bloomington Community Band, setting the mood with festive tunes. Afterward, settle in for a Halloween movie screening marathon to get you in the spirit. Once the movies end, the night will continue with trick-or-treating along Kirkwood, where local shops will be handing out sweet treats. The event at this iconic Bloomington theater is completely free, making it a must for those looking to experience some Halloween magic.  

Trick or Treating at Fowler Pumpkin Patch 

On October 30, head over to Fowler Pumpkin Patch for a spooky evening of trick-or-treating and autumn fun. Fowler Pumpkin Patch is located at 5060 N Greene County Line Rd, Bloomington. From 4 to 6:30 p.m., you can wander through the patch in costume and collect treats while taking part in various festive activities. Try not to get lost in the thrilling corn maze which is a tribute to the former IU basketball coach Bobby Knight. This free event is a great chance to enjoy the fall atmosphere with friends, surrounded by pumpkins, laughter, and plenty of Halloween surprises. 

Halloween Night Dance Party 

Celebrate Halloween in style at The Back Door with an electrifying night of dancing and drag performances. If you're 21 or older, join the festivities Oct. 31 and support Bloomington's talented drag artists while you dance the night away. The bar opens at 7 p.m., while the party kicks off at 10 p.m. and will keep the energy going until 3 a.m., with DJ Angst spinning the perfect mix of spooky beats and club anthems to keep you on the dance floor.  

Hope this Halloween brings with it a lot of spookiness and, not to forget, candy!