Sunday, Oct. 27

Naismith Hall of Fame announces Indiana men’s basketball will take on Kansas in 2027

spiumbbbrief102724-jpg

Indiana men’s basketball is set to square off against fellow blue blood University of Kansas as part of the 2027 Hall of Fame Series in Las Vegas, the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame announced Sunday. 

The Hoosiers will face the Jayhawks on Nov. 17, 2027, at neutral site Allegiant Stadium as part of a doubleheader that features a matchup between Duke University and the University of Arizona.  

“We are excited to play in such a prestigious event,” head coach Mike Woodson said in a press release. “Our staff has always prioritized playing the best competition out there, and getting this opportunity in Allegiant Stadium should be a lot of fun for both the program and the fan base.” 

Indiana has played Kansas 16 times dating back to 1940, with both storied programs claiming eight wins in the series. However, the Jayhawks bested the Hoosiers in their most recent bout, earning a 75-71 victory last season on the road at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. 

With five banners hanging inside Assembly Hall and Kansas staking claim to four national titles of its own, the two hardwood powerhouses have consistently played one another closely. Evidence of this is the total point tally between the schools in the program series, in which Indiana leads 1,160 to 1,147 just 13 points apart over eight decades of competition. 

The 2027 Hall of Fame Series will be broadcast on TNT Sports’ networks and platforms, with additional programming information set to be announced at a later date. Allegiant Stadium will be home to the 2028 NCAA Men’s Final Four later that season. 

Follow reporters Daniel Flick (@ByDanielFlick) and Quinn Richards (@Quinn_richa) and columnist Mateo Fuentes-Rohwer (@mateo_frohwer) for updates throughout the Indiana men’s basketball season.