Sunday, Oct. 20

ESPN’s College GameDay heads to Bloomington for Indiana football’s matchup with Washington

spiufbgameday102024

ESPN’s College GameDay will come to Bloomington for Indiana football’s matchup with Washington at noon Saturday, the show’s announced in an X post Sunday. 

Rece Davis hosts the show alongside analysts Kirk Herbstreit, Desmond Howard, Pat McAfee, Nick Saban and former Indiana head coach Lee Corso. 

GameDay came to Bloomington in 2017 for Indiana’s season opener against Ohio State, but it was on Thursday and so there wasn’t the full-fledged Saturday show with game picks.  

Under first year Indiana head coach Curt Cignetti, Saturday will mark the first time ESPN’s College GameDay will host its 9 a.m. to noon flagship pregame show in Bloomington. 

The weekly guest picker has yet to be announced, but some possible names include Mark Cuban, Kyle Schwarber and Joe Buck. 

The Hoosiers are coming off a 56-7 drubbing of Nebraska on Oct. 19, dismantling the Cornhuskers behind five rushing touchdowns. Sixth-year senior quarterback Kurtis Rourke suffered a hand injury and won’t play against Washington. 

Follow reporters Daniel Flick (@ByDanielFlick) and Dalton James (@DaltonMJames) and columnist Jhett Garrett (@jhettgarrett) for updates throughout the Indiana football season.