Friday, Oct. 18

John Mellencamp to join Fox’s Big Noon Kickoff crew on stage ahead of Homecoming showdown

spiufbmellencamp101824.jpg

Rock and Roll Hall of Famer John Mellencamp will join Fox’s Big Noon Kickoff crew on stage Saturday morning, according to an IU Hoosiers post on X

Mellencamp, who lives near Bloomington, is a longtime Indiana football fan. He’s donated money to the program over the years, including the lead gift on the construction of John Mellencamp Pavillion –– Indiana’s indoor practice facility  

The 73-year-old musician will be on campus for the unveiling of his statue at 1 p.m. Friday at the north end of the Fine Arts Plaza. “Crossroads: The Paintings of John Mellencamp,” his painting exhibit, is currently on display in the Sidney and Lois Eskenazi Museum of Art through Dec. 15. 

The Big Noon Kickoff’s pregame tailgate begins at 8:30 a.m. before the live show is set to start at 10 a.m. 

Kickoff between No. 16 Indiana and Nebraska is set for noon inside Memorial Stadium. Fox’s top commentary crew, comprised of Gus Johnson, Joel Klatt and Jenny Taft, will be on the call. 

Follow reporters Daniel Flick (@ByDanielFlick) and Dalton James (@DaltonMJames) and columnist Jhett Garrett (@jhettgarrett) for updates throughout the Indiana football season.