Monday, Oct. 14

No. 16 Indiana football announces matchup with Michigan on Nov. 9 is sold out

spiufbsellout101424.jpeg

Indiana’s matchup with Michigan on Nov. 9 is sold out, according to Indiana football’s X post Monday. Limited tickets remain for the Hoosiers’ matchup with Washington on Oct. 26 and Purdue on Nov. 30. 

The Hoosiers’ Homecoming game against Nebraska on Saturday is also sold out, making it the first season with at least two sellouts since 2021. 

Fox’s Big Noon Kickoff” will be in Bloomington on Saturday for Indiana’s matchup with the Cornhuskers. Fox’s top commentary team, comprised of Gus Johnson, Joel Klatt and Jenny Taft, will be on the call for the first sellout since Oct. 23, 2021. 

After Indiana defeated Florida International University on Aug. 31 in its season opener, head coach Curt Cignetti and several players explained they wanted a better turnout from the fans and for them to stay in the second half. 

The Wolverines are 4-2 midway through the season and are without a solidified starting quarterback. Coming into the season, junior Alex Orji was the presumptive starter. Instead, it was senior Davis Warren who started. Each have started three games. 

Former Hoosier quarterback turned Wolverine Jack Tuttle took over Orji against Washington on Oct. 5, going 10 of 18 for 98 yards alongside a touchdown and an interception.  

It remains to be seen who the starter will be when Michigan enters Memorial Stadium in just under a month. 

Now, sitting at 6-0 for the first time since 1967, Hoosiers fans are buying in, literally –– 52,626 of them. 

Follow reporters Daniel Flick (@ByDanielFlick) and Dalton James (@DaltonMJames) and columnist Jhett Garrett (@jhettgarrett) for updates throughout the Indiana football season.