Monday, Oct. 14

sports swimming & diving

PHOTOS: IU Swimming and Diving kick off the season at the Cream and Crimson exhibition

iuswimdive101124_13.jpg

iuswimdive101124_14.jpg

IU swimmers embrace after a race during the annual Cream and Crimson Exhibition Oct. 11, 2024, at the Counsilman-Billingsley Aquatic Center in Bloomington. Eight members of Indiana's men's swimming and diving team competed in the SMU Classic in Dallas on Oct. 11-12.

iuswimdive101124_16.jpg

IU men's swimmers line up on the starting blocks to begin the annual Cream and Crimson Exhibition Oct. 11, 2024, at the Counsilman-Billingsley Aquatic Center in Bloomington, Ind. Last season, IU swimming and diving won both the men's and women's IU Athlete of the Year awards.

iuswimdive101124_15.jpg

Hoosier parents and fans cheer on IU swimming and diving during the annual Cream and Crimson Exhibition Oct. 11, 2024, at the Counsilman-Billingsley Aquatic Center in Bloomington. The Hoosiers began their season on Oct. 11.

iuswimdive101124_08.jpg

An Indiana University men’s swimmer performs the breaststroke in the annual Cream and Crimson Exhibition Oct. 11, 2024, at the Counsilman-Billingsley Aquatic Center in Bloomington. The Hoosiers swept the men's Big Ten postseason awards last season.

iuswimdive101124_12.jpg

An Indiana University diver twists through the air during the annual Cream and Crimson Exhibition Oct. 11, 2024, at the Counsilman-Billingsley Aquatic Center in Bloomington. The IU head diving coach served as USA Diving's head coach at the Paris Summer Games.

iuswimdive101124_03.jpg

Indiana University women’s swimmers race through the water as her teammates cheer her on during the annual Cream and Crimson Exhibition Oct. 11, 2024, at the Counsilman-Billingsley Aquatic Center in Bloomington. IU ranked sixth in the nation in the women's poll.

iuswimdive101124_01.jpg

An Indiana University women’s swimmer flips in her lane during the Cream and Crimson Exhibition Oct. 11, 2024, at the Counsilman-Billingsley Aquatic Center in Bloomington. The team kicked off the season with its annual intrasquad exhibition.

iuswimdive101124_06.jpg

The IU Cream squad cheers on its team during the annual Cream and Crimson Exhibition Oct. 11, 2024, at the Counsilman-Billingsley Aquatic Center in Bloomington. The Cream squad won with a score of 286.5 to 233.5

iuswimdive101124_02.jpg

An Indiana University women’s swimmer competes in the annual Cream and Crimson Exhibition Oct. 11, 2024, at the Counsilman-Billingsley Aquatic Center in Bloomington. The Cream team defeated the Crimson team.

iuswimdive101124_10.jpg

An IU diver flips off the diving board at the annual Cream and Crimson Exhibition Oct. 11, 2024, at the Counsilman-Billingsley Aquatic Center in Bloomington. Last year, for the third consecutive season, Indiana head diving coach Drew Johansen was named CSCAA Diving Coach of the Year.

iuswimdive101124_11.jpg

An IU diver dives during the annual Cream and Crimson Exhibition Oct. 11, 2024, at the Counsilman-Billingsley Aquatic Center in Bloomington. Last March, the Hoosiers sent seven divers to the NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships.