Friday, Oct. 18

PRESS RELEASE: Nonprofit Alliance’s Meet the Funders Speed-Networking Event for Nonprofits to Take Place Oct. 30, 2024

city of bloomington (!)

The following is a press release written by Michael Shermis and Desiree DeMolina for the City of Bloomington.

Bloomington, Ind. – The Nonprofit Alliance of Monroe County will host its annual Meet the Funders event on Oct. 30, 2024, from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. This free event will take place at the Monroe County Public Library and is open to all nonprofits looking to connect with local funders and funding sources.

The event will begin with a panel discussion with key community leaders, including:

• Marcus Whited, Program Director, Community Foundation of Bloomington and Monroe County
  • Michelle Gilchrist, President and CEO, Bloomington Health Foundation
  • Adam Hamel, Director of Community Engagement, Stone Belt
  • Lily Bonwich, Nonprofit Consultant, Bonwich Creative

Following the panel, attendees will participate in speed-networking sessions, allowing grant-makers and local organizations to connect and discuss what funders look for when awarding grants.

The Nonprofit Alliance of Monroe County, a collaboration between the City of Bloomington, the Community Foundation of Bloomington and Monroe County, the Monroe County Public Library, and United Way of South Central Indiana, aims to strengthen the local nonprofit sector through communication, collaboration, and professional development.

For more details and to register for the event, visit the Monroe County Public Library's website.